Наручники

Автор Aquarius, 21 ноября, 2009г., 16:18

« предыдущая - следующая »

wwwserfer

Вот еще антикварный экземпляр 1899 года: (не переводил текст, уж лучше так, чем бред от онлайн-переводчика ;), в целом все понятно..)

ЦитироватьI was recently referred a favor from my father to fabricate some keys for an old set of manacles for a friend of his.
As far as I know, I'm working for free, but it's been fun to work on so far, and I have to admit I'll be sad to send
these back to the owner. They are in excellent working condition with only very minimal surface rust in a few places.

ЦитироватьThey are Bean-Cobb manacles, patented in 1899, and featured a new special locking mechanism that allowed the carrier
to keep them in the closed position without them locking. When the need arose, you can simply press the button on the
cheek of the cuff to release the ratcheting plates inside, causing them to lock when closed. There's not double-lock
feature on them however. I don't know specifically when production of these ceased, but I know they were in service
during the early 1900's, and I can't imagine them being any younger than 80 years old.

ЦитироватьHere's a close up of the keyhole and ratchet release button. It's a simple warded lock design, but what made it interesting
to me was that there are two spring loaded ratchet plates in the mechanism instead of just one. While picking it, I had to
pick each one separately to open them. It was easy enough to do ones I figured it out, but it slowed me down and was
quite frustrating at first.

ЦитироватьHere are the keys I made by hand. I used some MasterLock steel keys from a simple warded padlock I had sitting around
as the key blank, and my trusty vac-vice and some needle files to shape them. The first attempt at the key (on the left)
is more crude. it functions to open the lock but you have to find the right place in the keyway to turn them. The second
key, I am pleased to say, works perfectly. like the original key would have.

Источник: Doctor Hexagon via lockpicking101.com
Место сдается под рекламу =)

Быстрый ответ

В быстром ответе можно использовать ББ-теги и смайлики.

Предупреждение: в этой теме не было сообщений более 120 дней.
Возможно, будет лучше создать новую тему.

E-mail:
Вложения и другие параметры
Дополнительные изображения:
Доступные типы файлов: jpg, png, bmp, gif, webp
Ограничения: макс. 500 Kb/файл
Визуальная проверка:
Оставьте это поле пустым:

(с) "........ коровы, стих родился новый, как стакан парного молока." (строчными буквами):

подсказка: нажмите ALT+S для отправки или ALT+P для предварительного просмотра сообщения

Материал сайта ZamkiDveri.org, размещенный в разделах: «Представительства компаний», «Акции, скидки», носит исключительно информационный характер и ни при каких условиях не является публичной офертой, определяемой положениями Статьи 435, 437, 494 Гражданского кодекса РФ. Для получения подробной и точной информации о стоимости продукции, скидках, акциях и спецпредложениях, пожалуйста, обращайтесь напрямую к производителям или официальным дилерам. Указанные цены, технические описания продуктов, в т.ч. в виде графических изображений, являются предварительными и не гарантируются нашим сайтом.